Here, we will be building a list of personally handpicked ideas and practical tips, relevant blogs and recommendations:
- Tip no. 1 of all lists of tips for visits in Copenhagen is to rent a bike for your entire stay! It so happens, that we also rent out bikes, so for your convenience, we suggest that you book a bike from us. Good quality bikes, very flexible return 24/7, and helmets and extra locks are included.
- You can like or follow us to stay on top of what’s on in Copenhagen up to your stay:
- Our most popular architect guide, Asser, is authoring his own blog on architecture, urban spaces and so on. Here’s a specific blog post of his, not really related to architecture:
- And one more for a great ride around non-touristy Copenhagen:
- La Fontaine is Asser’s favourite and mostly secret jazz bar featuring young local artists, crowded with a mixed audience of young and young of their age. Very informal and lively.
http://www.lafontaine.dk/ (only in Danish)
- VEGA is another favourite of Asser’s, both as a music venue for very different music genres and a high acoustic quality, but not least as a beautiful architectural treat. Designed by functionalist architect Vilhelm Lauritzen as as People’s House.
https://vega.dk/ (mostly Danish)
- Søren’s favourite electro club is Culture Box
Eat & drink
- Beers have become gourmet in Denmark, and Brus at Nørrebro is Asser’s favourite place to go for a big selection of mostly homegrown, handcrafted drafts beers. Enjoy it between the barrels with a snack, a lunch or a dinner on the side.
- We are a member of Active Copenhagen, a network of locals operators of active events and interesting tours and experiences.
- For a combined exercise and guided tour check out Running Copenhagen
- GoBoat rent out solar powered boats for picnics on the water.
- You can find more sporty bike tours and experiences with MTB Tours
- Kayak Republic offer kayak tours and rental
- After burning your fuel on bikes, you might find a Segway tour convenient
- Looking for (free) kids friendly activities?